Good Morning! Something to know about me is that I LOVE LOVE LOVE muffins! They are just like cupcakes only it’s totally acceptable to eat three for breakfast because they are a breakfast food and when you add a little fruit to the muffins it makes them healthier. This recipe is neither small in quantity (unless you freeze them) or that college budget friendly, but while I’m home I might as well take advantage! Shall we get started? I shopped around for a good recipe and couldn’t find one so I’m improvising!
- 1 stick of unsalted butter softened or slightly melted
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 lemon zested (depending on how lemony you want your muffins to be)
- 1 half lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar (according to my research using light brown instead of white adds more moisture)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups of blue berries (I chopped the bigger ones in half because I made mini muffins but totally your choice)
Mix together the wet ingrediants and the dry ingrediants and add them together, than fold in the blue berries and pour into mini baking cups and pop in the oven on 350 degrees F, and cook for 10-15 minutes.
I think that adding enough lemon zest to really be able to tell that it is freshly made is the best!
So they are done! I’m not one to toot my own horn but these are really good!! I will take a cute picture of them in the morning and post it to show you! My dad who is up late doing work said they are absolutely suberb and I would have to agree with him. (Despite the fact that the first muffin i had was filled with sour blue berries, i guess I should’ve tasted them before I baked with them! oh well) Last critque is that I would add more lemon