As you know I am home and that means I can use more ingredients than I would at school, plus the quantity is larger because my family eats it too! My mom loves raspberries so today I’ve followed this recipe for raspberry strudel muffins.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 4oz (I used a container of 5.3 oz, and didn’t scrape the sides) of plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
For Strudel Topping
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 stick of butter melted
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- First preheat the oven to 400 (but when you put the muffins in put it down to 375, I don’t know yet what it does but these muffins are incredible so from now on imma do it this way!)
- Mix together the ingreidants for the strudel topping in a seperate bowl and set to the side
- In a larger bowl mix together: egg, sugar, vanilla, oil and yogurt together
- Then mix in the dry ingrediants
- After fold in the cup of raspberries and put them in the muffin tins, I used a large spoon and scooped them in, they look very small (Makes 12 smaller muffins or I’m sure if you like bigger muffins you could make 6-8 bigger muffins)
- Bake for 18-20 mins
Since it is summer time i decided last minute to add a little lemon juice (1/3 of a lemon had leftover from the other day) which I hope will add a deliciously refreshing taste.
Also per usual I didn’t read all the directions….I folded the raspeberries directly into the batter instead of putting them on top oppsy! I didn’t forget to make the strudle topping on top though (usually when I’m at school I decide that it is too much work to do), additionally if I were at school and wanted to make this I would probably buy frozen raspberries and use those, less waste!
OMG!!!!!! these are sooooo good!! If you going to make one of the muffins I’ve posted thus far make these!! it is so increibly moist and the lemon adds the refreshing taste I was looking for! The strudle on top is okay, but this muffin would be incredible without it too