In college we consume a lot of quesadilla’s because lets face it they are easy, and filling! I found this recipe and couldn’t not try it! As usual I’ve altered it a bit!
So here it is!
- 1-1/2 chicken breast
- 2 toritallas
- 10 oz can of pineapple chunks
- 1/2 vadilla onion chopped
- 1/8 tsp cinamon (plus some for sprinkling)
- 1/8 tsp salt (plus some for chicken)
- Sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- Shredded jack cheese
- Coconut oil (it is kinda expensive, but I liked the flavor it gave, so you can use canola oil probs)
- Cook chicken in pan with salt, pepper and some coconut oil until done. Once cooked and still hot cut it up into shredded pieces.
- I used a 10 oz can of pineapple chunks, mix that with the cinnamon, salt, and oil in the pan until pineapple is brown and caramelized.
- Next add a little more oil and cook the onions with a pinch of salt and a few shakes of red pepper flakes
- Put the pineapples, onions, and chicken in a bowl and mix together.
- Next shred the cheese, honestly though i would just get shredded cheese, trying to shred it myself was time consuming and annoying. Even if they don’t have montary jack shredded you can subsitute it with shredded mozerella
- Put a little more oil and a shake of cinamon in the pan, then put the torilla in. top with cheese and the pineapple mixture, cook until the bottom is almost brown, fold the tortilla, filp once and serve! it should be crunchy!
OMG this was delicious I ate it in like 5 minutes, and now I’m about to make a second one. So easy and delicous, its sweet but also has a hottness in your mouth from the pepper flakes